Friday, March 12, 2010

Uncanny Encounters

My libido just had to be stationed in hibernating mode the other day, as I went to a concert with a 17-year old. It's not that I wanted to it's just that I loathe being aloof at such occassions. Can't believe I chose craigslist as my avenue to locate a concert date; felt rather odd as I was a stranger to this whole process. I've learnt overall that craigslist is diminishing in it's effectiveness. I mean, seriously let's be honest here, had I used craigslist like eight years ago in fetching a buddy to share a night out with I would've maximized my results! Meaning, I could've earnt myself a blind date or even better a hottie! But now turns out that that is just virtually impossible. I mean I did get responses from women to go see John Mayer live they just delayed getting back to me. And so the only option I had remaining was taking this 17 year old girl with me. As usual, I play the role of the mentor except this time I actually shyed away from playing the care taker. *Whew* Thank God for that I did not wanna feel like I was babysitting. But she seemed very mature and independant and came out to be loquacious, so I really got a kick out of her company; And it was enheartening to know that she unexpectedly had an awesome night with me. That really made me feel warm inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment