Monday, May 24, 2010

Destroy the Magic and then move on to beat the Lakers Celts!!!

I just realized that quotations are another life carrier. Yes the size and composition of your network define you and move your journey, and yes they are also potential life careers, but the quotes that you here from wise men from all different parts of the world and different time periods are what really take you places. The psychology behind that is very intriguing and I would be more than flattered to learn more! I'll admit, in the past I used to underestimate quotes, never giving them much importance but then this initial attitude got erased after stumbling upon this packet full of stapled pages with lots of quotations on them. Apparently the assistant center director of my employer was who distributed it to us. It had all these interesting and meaningful quotes that I shudder to think what I'd do if I were to throw them away. So I've decided to pile it up in my cupboard and in the mean time WIKI WIKI WAA WAA.

So tomorrow job fair number deux is coming up and I'd say I'm moderately confident about it. A friend of mine was at least generous enough to stop by after a hectic schedule only to advise me on how to act during the interview. It was truly informative for me as I stumbled upon this revelation that it is my body language that invokes mischief in the kids. Yes prior to commencing my permanent substitute gig I'd hear pointers such as "Don't smile" but never "You have to walk and talk a certain way". Thank God I finally heard those from someone. Because yes classroom management is key in fetching a job. If you can't manage a freakin' classroom then your pretty much tossed outta the race already. I'd say that I can but thankfully my certification area is in math and job opportunities in that area are abundant! So even if I'm not perceived to be a pro in managing a classroom by the recruiters I'll still be in demand and my chances of getting hired will skyrocket from 10% to 75%, *gulp* at least I hope. But a gigantic area of weakness for me being tensed while not entering the interview room confidently. I'd say it would be in my best interest to practice walking and changing my demeanor in such a way where the kids will realize, okay he is not someone I can mess with. Because the principal, and other recruiters of the school will expect the candidate to view them as students and to speak and act in a manner that one would in a classroom. And so I'm gonna deliver!

No comments:

Post a Comment