Sunday, September 13, 2009

Can deep thinking cause brain damage?

As usual, I'm in Level 10, deep thinking mode. By now my mind should be exploding but surprisingly enough it hasn't. Still clueless as to how I was able to get my ass outta the house. Surely, the thinking has contributed to my sinuses. You know it is so discouraging chatting with my parents about my future endeavors. They say they're not judgemental but naturally as parents they become so. No wonder I don't feel comfortable speaking to them more often. Perhaps I should stick with the people that give me positive feedback rather than people who criticize and say that you should be doing things a certain way. Following tradition is definitely not one of my greatest strengths. Okay so it isn't even strength. I just have no idea how other Indian post grads American communicate their career ideas to their parents. Maybe all ABCDs get spit at when talk about getting into areas that the parents don't approve. I just ask: Did God have to make me this sensitive??? Maybe I should just stick to my own guns and quietly manuever around people that are in areas I'm passionate about and not share with my parents anything. Besides, there are other people I can talk to like Vinayakuncle and Girish. Two of the prominent figures among the Indian community in my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment