Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bogus formalities

You know I love my familia! But I just cannot fuckin comprehend the expectations they have of me. This is like an Indian culture 101 crash course for those of you who don't have a Fuckin clue of what I'm talking about. Seeing that I'm a lil' agititated after yesterdays mild to heated confrontation I figured I'd vent out a little while blending in a spice of comedy to it. So it all started when my mom had to drop off my little sister at Longhorns paradise, or as I like to call it, UT, my alma mater. I'll admit I was kinda jealous of her going there plus I was really suffering with widthdrawals from her budding selfish attitude, and so I felt no obligation in me to go and help them out. Turns out now that it was the gravest error of all and it occurs towards the end of the summer because as soon as my mom gets home she's all "AWAWAWAWAWAWAWA you have responsibilities beta AWAWAWAWAWAWAWA" and I was like "Yeah I know but then I've been very preoccupied about getting a job search". Momma: "How bout I lock you in a cage and coerce you into landing a job down here around your very own home", Pops, with eyes posing with a devilish glow: Yeah terriffic idea, I've always wanted a clone around this house" Me: NOOOOOOOOO!!! I don't wanna learn how to make idlis, samasos, and chutney, and I don't wanna wear no deodorant and stink NOOOOO. It's interesting because when I first go home I was a fairly responsible party around the house and then as time passed I guess I just became very self-centered cuz I just felt that I'd be cramped up at home for a long ass time. My friend suggested traveling as I sit idle and that sounds like a splendid idea. I could go to China, even India and maybe lend a hand to some charities over there. Nothing would make me feel more wholesome! Only drawback is the moola as I'll have to bag up about six or seven g's, possibly even more for the entire event. Now rewinding back to the argument, there is another reason for why I may have drifted from my whole family, but for personal reasons I simply won't say! I'll give you a hint: Strawberries. *breaths a sigh of relief* I luv being mysterious *smiley face*

I guess the only antidote to the whole situation would be to express reverence towards my dear parents and to just go along with these so called expectations. It's not that I don't understand it's just that......... alright once again we are heading back to the topic of strawberries here. Let's just say that if I had more strawberries with me to EAT then I'd be able to better understand these expectations. That and I'm just hoping that my parents realize....alright you know something I was wayyyy out of line yesterday. I shudda helped my sister move and shudda been there for her these past few days when she needed me the most, after all there is some emotional guilt associated with that. And I shoudn't have burdened my mom so much by making here go to Austin and come back in one day by herself. I was just so deeply involved with my own life that I wasn't thinking about anyone elses. Lesson learnt. And oh when the hell am I gonna move out??? The answer is yet to be revealed *wiggly exclamation point"

Hmmmm interesting how would you make an exclamation point wiggle, you'd probably have to use some type of animation software or something for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment