Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Mourning the losses of a pop singer and a TV pitchman

It has been very difficult digesting the latest celebrity tragedies...specially Michael Jackson and Billy Mays. Both were incredible people and they will be deeply missed. What's even harder for me to digest was that they were both 50 when they passed away. According to one of the physicians interviewed on CNN 300,000 people die of cardiac arrest annually and half of those people are under the age of 65. Scary isn't it? As a matter of fact, it only heightened my curiosity about the percentage of population that is over the age of 65. With Americans there are so many issues present with heart disease topping the charts. Apparently only 13% of the American population is over the age of 65 so it makes you wonder what will happen to the bulk of the population which is between the ages of 21 and 49 several years from now. Healthcare insurance is ever so costly to begin with so perhaps most poor to lower middle class citizens can't afford it. Also factor in hardcore meat eaters who start to become plagued with various cancers along with heart disease as they age. Anyway I guess the morale of this is to enjoy life when you're still young and hip. I'm still pretty shaken up by those sudden demises however. You know it just makes you feel so fragile when you hear about such tragedies.

Don't you just hate it when you're in a blogging mood but then you're just too damn lazy to get on your computer and start blogging. And then all those creative thoughts start dissipating down the toilet never to be recovered again. Yup that happens to me quite a bit. For example I came up with such beautiful jargon the other day you know words you wouldn't be able to locate in a dictionary and somehow there it goes on the run! I hate it when that happens!!!

And you know something I'm really not optimistic nor motivated about entering the teaching arena but what else do I do the economy is tanking! And on top of that I'll have to prepare for the math 4-8 exam. Oh well better get a move on with it. And besides I'll be acquiring a lot of valuable skills that I can use for any career I choose to branch into.

No comments:

Post a Comment