Sunday, January 24, 2010

Family of depressants?!

Let's have a recap of current events: Cowboys lost, Longhorns lost to the Crimson Tide, Colt McCoy's shoulder has not been buried with a tombstone next to it(Thank God!), LeBron bitch-slapped Kevin Durant last night, Fareed Zakaria claims that Obama has failed the Amerian people in many areas(I say he's the KOOLEST PRESIDENT EVER, AND I MEAN KOOL WITH A K!!), and I just found out that my father has clinical depression! Alright so maybe it isn't considered a major headline but it bothers me loads sometimes. Sometimes I wonder if that gene passed on to me cuz I dunno I do feel like I exhibit some symptoms of depression such as excessive-eating and poor, unrealistic decision-making. Maybe I'm over-exaggerating, I know I've had social anxiety issues pretty much all my life thankfully not at the clinical level, but enough to disable many areas of my life! And I have had depression at some point in my life so I was well aware that it ran in the family. I'am well-educated about how social anxiety can evolve into depression after some time. According to the WHO(World Heath Organization), depression has topped the list of deadly illnesses so it is crucial for victims to seek immediate help whether it is Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, medication, or a combination of the two. Gotta teach math now. Adios amigos.