Friday, January 29, 2010

The Spy Next Door vs. Avatar 3D

So it was one of those usual days today. Had a staff meeting and was kept overtime by one of the coworkers who kept bitchin' about how the kids don't know how to use a calculator. Pfff I say all they need to punch in is just eenie meenie minie mo. Besides, I had a showtime to catch and I'm that kinda guy who cannot miss a second of the movie! And that coworker of mine kinda reminds me of some Star Wars character, I'd like to say the female version of Yoda but I don't know my Star Wars very well so I wouldn't know. I get that vibe because of her unique catchphrase whenever someone says hi to her, it goes a little like this "Greetings Greetings".

So after getting released from the meeting I race against time to pick up my little. The movie began at 8 and we were like 42 minutes late! So unfortunately we had to put our watching Avatar 3D plans on hold. Lucky for us another movie was just on the horizon and that movie was none other than TADADADAA The Spy Next Door *unleashes a phony applause*, what a half-assed movie! It was wonderful to see Jackie Chan in a comic kiddie flick, but the direction: totally floppppppppppy, sorry that deserved extra p's. Even the stunts were kinda half-assed. I had surmountable expectations of Mr.Chan even for such movies. Guess that's what happens as testosterone levels deplete in aging Asian men. But wasn't Jackie supposed to be the alpha stunt men in the West and East? Having watched this movie I'm now starting to have second thoughts on whether I should watch his next cooler kiddie flick and this one will introduce Will Smith's son. Awesome dawg I think! As long as Will Smith is written somewhere in the closing credits. I'm more than certain he'll be credited as one of the motivators of the movie 'specially for his boy little Jaden. I'd be all laughter if Jaden ever mastered martial arts in real life unlike his pops. Speaking of which, why hasn't Will Smith ever been the star of a martial arts film. I believe he'd do splendid given his past performances in semi-epic films such as Men in Black, Bad Boys(which is one-eighth epic in my book), iRobot, and Iam legend. They could even go as far as making a dark comedy based on some character of Will Smith's becoming a pro-fighter. I finally have the topic for next entry HOORAY! Oh and let's not forget Ali as another one of his semi-epic films

No comments:

Post a Comment