Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Mamarama's Today show & I'm gonna miss you atx!!!

"It's your birthday, it's your birthday, happy birthday, happy birthday", this is the song I dream of singing at an airport terminal with a bunch of other friends wishing one very special friend Happy Birthday before he goes bon voyage off to a distant land. What can I say? I'm in love with my imagination, so much that I can have sex with it! I'm still sorta bugged by the killing of All My Children's sweet & adorable Stuart. How can the former #1 soap opera kill off one of the most beloved characters? All My Children used to be one of the most popular soaps on daytime tv and now the quality of the show has deteriorated and it piles into the should be cancelled category. But going back to Stuart he was a wise old man honestly their portrayers spend years playing the character it's almost like they exist in real life, so when they fall prey to tragedy it's almost as painful as loosing someone very close to you. So yeah that's pretty much been the story of today getting tormented by depression revolving around why extremely soft-spoken people dodge bullets in order to protect someone they love. That's the key word right there 'soft-spoken' meaning they'd succumb to any method including sacrificing their own lives just to protect somebody dear to them. Anyway you all must be thinking what's this dumbass talking about well here you go, F.Y.I I'm a soap buff and All My Children was one-half my childhood along with the Simpsons and most of the Golden Age Nicktoons. And naturally your childhood always remains your comfort zone therfore you act strongly according to such impulses no matter how ludicrous it may seem. And besides I'm all about dramatic content. Can you shout out M for Melodrama.
So apparently Pluckers was having this guess that movie contest and then a guess that song contest. The prize: No fuckin clue cuz I was trying to tune into the motherfuckin Cavs game even though it was on mute! Fun shit tho I still remember when the UT Pluckers was as bland as an old, unhygenic Tejano restaurant. Hmmmm.....whatever happened to El Patos? I used to go there all the time down in the Valley. *Uggghh* the Valley I can't believe I'll have to temporarily move down there for an undetermined amount of time. It all depends on how soon I can land a job and in today's economy I'll require a numerous blessings! My departure from Austin in a few days is really beginning to bother me, so much that I may actually begin to get weepy cornering myself in my tiny bathroom. UT Austin and Austin in general have carved a special place in my heart it'll be really difficult to part ways with this magnificent city after being a settler for a good six years. I'm sure gonna miss sixth street along with busy streets filling up downtown. I'm also gonna miss my pointless adventures with my good buddy along with the anonymous girl that I truly admire. I'm also gonna miss Barton Creek, driving on 360, Hill Country, the fine dining, the sexy women, the empathy from the townsfolks, Austin chess club, Epochs, Central Market, Whole Foods, Bookpeople, Prague, fifth street, the places I've never been to, Gregory Gym, UT, Jester, Dobie, the places out on the drag, and oh yeah did I forget to mention sixth street. Now I'm gonna make a wholehearted effort in trying to land my ass back in atx in the coming months and hopefully I'll emerge victoriously. If not then so long colorful city you'll bring back so many good memories if I ever share an emotional reunion with you.
Then only other place I'd prefer living and working in would be New York City. It would be like heaven on earth if I had the wonderful opportunity of jetting to Vegas four times a year and then to Austin two times a year while living in the Big Apple!

No comments:

Post a Comment